There are a full range of benefits here at Warwick Mechanical Group. Our package of benefits is flexible, allowing employees and their families to prepare for the unexpected and prepare for their future. The core benefits available to eligible employees are:
Human Resources Department in Newport News at (757) 599-6111 or email email@example.com to inquire about specific job opportunities. You may also complete and submit our electronic employment application to the email above.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tax-free Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- PTO – Paid Time Off, Bereavement and Jury Duty Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Holidays
Warwick Mechanical Group is a mechanical contractor headquartered in Virginia. Our mission is to provide superior mechanical solutions to clients in Virginia and North Carolina. We have an unwavering commitment to high standards of customer satisfaction, staff development, and ethical business practices that assure good stewardship of our clients’ trust. We add value through innovation and creativity while exceeding our client’s quality expectations, schedule and budget objectives.
We are looking for a Corporate Health & Safety Director who will be responsible for providing strategic planning, direction, and analysis for project safety. The Director is responsible for formulating and overseeing all training, metrics and communication associated with the Company Corporate Safety Program. This role ensures that the goals of a safe and healthy work environment are actively pursued throughout the Company in an effective and conscientious manner. The Director is responsible for ensuring that the Company has effective policies, procedures, plans, systems, business practices, standards and controls in place to identify, assess, monitor and manage Health and Safety risks and impacts of existing and planned operations and to comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations. The role works in close partnership with senior management to strengthen the organization’s existing program and create new, innovative approaches to ensuring safety across the company.
- Formulate and administer the Company Safety Program for WMG and M&R projects and employees.
- Acquire the most current hazard control information and communicate this information to all employees. Designate accountability and delegate authority for implementing any new or modified policies required to respond to this information.
- Represent management as the company’s safety representative for the employees, the general public, insurance companies and other agencies.
- Be a resource on safety issues for all company personnel.
- Provide monthly safety training for all Foremen on OSHA required programs and other key safety issues pertinent to their supervisory responsibilities.
- Present site specific field personnel training to address both jobsite exposures and comply with construction safety requirements.
- Prepare jobsite specific Activity Hazard Analysis as required.
- Collect, record, and analyze data on all accidents and incidents. Review accident reports and determine the handling procedure for each in accordance with company policy. Update and monitor the OSHA Recordable Injury Log.
- Coordinate the investigation of all accidents and review the results of accident investigations with all Foremen.
- Work with insurance carrier’s loss control division and assist with claims management.
- Report to management on a regular basis identifying the need for additional employee training or adjustments needed to address identified accident trends.
- Inspect work sites and facilities for compliance with Federal, State and Local safety regulations. Assure that the safety programs established are being implemented and any insurance company recommendations are receiving attention.
- Serves as point of contact for new hires for field labor, reviewing the application paperwork, administering the required drug test, and providing the initial company orientation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least ten years’ experience in the field of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety required, preferably in a multi-location environment, or any combination of education and experience. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferable.
- Thorough regulatory knowledge including OSHA, EPA, NFPA, and other regulatory standards applicable to industrial and commercial construction.
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain positive and productive working relationships across a broad range of people and groups.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to be precise and direct in communicating to larger and smaller groups.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, changing environment, demonstrating initiative and self-motivation.
- Creative and innovative thinker with an ability to translate complex ideas and metrics into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Knowledge of workers compensation processes and management.
- Professional presence, polished communication skills, and proven ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of employees.
Warwick Mechanical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Warwick Mechanical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited, to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Warwick Mechanical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Warwick Mechanical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.