Human Resources Department in Newport News at (757) 599-6111 or email email@example.com to inquire about specific job opportunities. You may also complete and submit our electronic employment application to the email above.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tax-free Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- PTO – Paid Time Off, Bereavement and Jury Duty Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Holidays
AutoCAD/Revit Technician & Total Station Operator
Provide Best in Class service to internal and external customers by accurately generating designs for complex projects using current technology.
Duties & Functions
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
- Ability to follow instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company drafting standards and code acceptance.
- Accuracy and effectiveness in electronic drafting using Revit and Autocad.
- Generate piping Bills of Materials (BOM) from fabrication drawings.
- Generate piping Spools from fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate filing, storage and retrieval of electronic drawings.
- Operate associated printers.
- Perform drawing and technology research related to piping system modeling.
- Operate a Total Station and associated controllers. (Tablet/Nomad) With the ability to ‘load’ points into the controller and locate on-site.
- Generate drawings of sleeves and hanger points for installation in the field.
- Coordinate with designers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.
- Explain drawings to the field construction staff as necessary.
- Perform a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must also have working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, PC application software, drafting/engineering practices, knowledge of Adobe Acrobat or equivalent. This position requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain governmental base access.
Candidate will also communicate effectively in both oral and written communications. They will communicate with people outside the Company, Government staff and contractors representing the Company to customers, the public, and other external sources as well as communicate with supervisor, peers and other company staff working as part of a team contributing to program success.
Candidate must be able to work with either verbal direction and/or from sketches to produce an acceptable work product with minimal supervision. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and make conclusions drawing upon experience, research and input from peers. This position may perform multiple job tasks on a daily basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee regularly works in an office environment, fabrication pipe shop as well as on construction job sites.
Wearing of safety clothing and equipment may at times be required.
Lifting and carrying of approximately 40lbs of equipment will be required to perform the Total Station duties.
Scaling ladders and construction stairs will also be required from time to time.
Warwick Mechanical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Warwick Mechanical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited, to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Warwick Mechanical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Warwick Mechanical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.