There are a full range of benefits here at Warwick Mechanical Group. Our package of benefits is flexible, allowing employees and their families to prepare for the unexpected and prepare for their future. The core benefits available to eligible employees are:
Human Resources Department in Newport News at (757) 599-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about specific job opportunities. You may also complete and submit our electronic employment application to the email above.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tax-free Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- PTO – Paid Time Off, Bereavement and Jury Duty Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Holidays
Operate a variety of contractor equipment and trucks utilized in construction, maintenance and repair activities. Candidate must have good driving record and be able to pass RAPIDGATE badging requirements.
• Operate trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies.
• Operate trucks and construction or power equipment, such as backhoe, man-lift, front-end loader and boom truck.
• Operate small equipment and tools as directed by supervisor.
• Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
• Maintains a driver’s log that may include recording of deliveries, pickups and mileage.
• Assists in loading and unloading of trucks.
• Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor that the incumbent has the ability to perform.
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, four (4) years experience involving the use of medium and heavy equipment.
• Considerable knowledge of heavy equipment operation.
• Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
• Able to maintain simple records such as a driver’s log and mileage records.
• Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
Licensing and Certification
• Preferred Valid Class “A” CDL license.
Warwick Mechanical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Warwick Mechanical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited, to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Warwick Mechanical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Warwick Mechanical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.