At Warwick Mechanical Group, our company values are deeply important to us. We strive to be the “first choice” mechanical partner for our General Contractors and be recognized for providing quality service and workmanship combined with honesty and integrity. We also strive to be recognized as a Company that cares about our Employees and our Community.
People • Relationships • Community • Excellence • Honesty • Integrity • Professionalism
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability & Accident Insurance
- Tax-free Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Legal Resources
- PTO – Paid Time Off, Bereavement and Jury Duty Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO for Community Volunteering
- LinkedIn Learning Training Program
- Corporate Chaplain
We currently have openings for the following positions:
- Review plans and specifications to thoroughly understand the scope of a project and the project specific requirements relative to estimating the cost of the work.
- Accurately estimate plan/spec and design/build HVAC and plumbing systems using computer estimating systems and related software
- Solicit vendor and subcontractor quotations and review for scope compliance.
- Prepare estimates by calculating a complete takeoff of entire mechanical, plumbing, and process systems for Plan/Spec, Industrial, and Design/Build work.
- Attend Pre-Bid Meetings when required.
- Maintain files of working documents to back-up estimate calculations. Files should include current and accurate pricing information from suppliers and qualified subcontractor quotations.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships.
- Attend site visits and surveys to verify scope and apply it in the cost estimating process.
- Review the details of estimates with management, prior to submission of our Company’s proposal.
- Manage preconstruction RFI’s submitted and received on assigned project(s).
- Participate in turnover meetings to project management teams.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and other construction documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC & Plumbing systems & their components.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer and software skills preferably in AutoBid, Excel, Bluebeam.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or
- 5+ years of field experience in HVAC, Plumbing, & Mechanical Piping or
- 5+ years as Estimator in HVAC, Plumbing & Mechanical Piping.
The Virtual Design Technician (VDT) shall fill a multifaceted support role. The primary function will produce 3D coordinated construction models promptly and with great care. Secondary functions include supporting fabrication shop workflow with spooling documents, detailing layouts for foreman, and performing field layout in support of Trimble field tool operators. This is a full-time salaried position, minimum 40 hours per week. Reports to Virtual Construction Manager, supports Fabrication Shop Manager and Trimble Operators.
Duties and Functions
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project
- Ability to follow instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company drafting standards and code acceptance.
- Accuracy and effectiveness in electronic drafting using Revit and Autocad.
- Generate piping Bills of Materials (BOM) from fabrication drawings.
- Generate piping Spools from fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate filing, storage and retrieval of electronic
- Operate associated
- Perform drawing and technology research related to piping system modeling.
- Operate a Total Station and associated controllers. (Tablet/Nomad) With the ability to ‘load’ points into the controller and locate on-site.
- Generate drawings of sleeves and hanger points for installation in the field.
- Coordinate with designers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal
- Explain drawings to the field construction staff as
- Perform a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must also have working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, PC application software, drafting/engineering practices, knowledge of Adobe Acrobat or equivalent. This position requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain governmental base access.
Candidate will also communicate effectively in both oral and written communications. They will communicate with people outside the Company, Government staff and contractors representing the Company to customers, the public, and other external sources as well as communicate with supervisor, peers and other company staff working as part of a team contributing to program success.
Candidate must be able to work with either verbal direction and/or from sketches to produce an acceptable work product with minimal supervision. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and make conclusions drawing upon experience, research, and input from peers. This position may perform multiple job tasks on a daily basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee regularly works in an office environment, fabrication pipe shop as well as on construction job sites. Wearing task appropriate PPE will be required. Lifting and carrying of approximately 40lbs of equipment will be required to perform the Total Station duties. Scaling ladders and construction stairs will also be required from time to time.
Warwick Mechanical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Warwick Mechanical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited, to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Warwick Mechanical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Warwick Mechanical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.